Michelangelo

Many people were introduced to nunchaku as children through the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles character Michelangelo, the party dude.

Read all about him on wikipedia:
HERE

And on the official TMNT site:
HERE

The series has been a comic book, a cartoon series, computer games, live action movies, anime series, and finally cgi movie.

Here's a few videos of the turtles in different incarnations.

Intro to the classic cartoon series:


Trailer for the first movie:


The intro to the first episode of the anime:


A trailer for the 2007 movie:


A trailer for the 2007 video game:

1 comment:

Tom Marker said...

:)

As a 30 year old, I vividly remember TMNT, and it was Michaelangelo that convinced me to bug my dad to show me some moves with the nunchaku. Of course, his inspiration was Bruce.

TMNT was cool, but it improperly educated a whole generation of youth on the proper holding of the sai. Everytime I see a beginner student pick them up, they invariably do the "Raphael" grip as I call it by wrapping fingers over the tines. :)